Pike Road Branch Library’s December 2016 Programs
Special Event: Holiday Open House – Wednesday, December 7 – 4 p.m. until 5:30 p.m.
- The Friends of the Pike Road Branch Library host our annual Holiday Open House featuring crafts, refreshments and visits from Elsa of Disney’s Frozen and Santa Claus! Grown-ups should bring their cameras for photo opportunities with Elsa and Santa. This is a drop-in event so families may arrive any time between 4 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Storybook Time – for ages three through six – Mondays at 10:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
At Storybook Time, we sing a few songs, read two or more picture books and make a craft. We will read the same books at 10:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Here is what we have planned for this month:
- December 5 – Santa is sick and Christmas will be here soon! What’s a cat to do? Well, if you are Pete the Cat, then you will help out however you can because it’s all good. We’ll read Pete the Cat Saves Christmas by Eric Litwin and James Dean.
- December 12 – “Oh, gobble, gobble!” Turkey survived Thanksgiving, but lots of folks like to eat turkey for Christmas dinner, too. Can this master (not really) of disguise trick his way out of being the main course for two consecutive holidays? We’ll find out when we read Turkey Claus by Wendi Silvano and Lee Harper.
- December 19 – It’s almost here! Are you excited? You are probably not as excited as the little bear in Is It Christmas Yet? by Jane Chapman. He won’t stop asking Big Bear a certain question. You can probably guess what that question is by reading the title of the book.
- December 26 – NOTE: There will be no Storybook Times today because the library will be closed in observance of Christmas.
Toddler Time – for ages one through three – Wednesdays at 10 a.m.
At Toddler Time, we sing songs, recite nursery rhymes and read one story each week. NOTE: We will not have Toddler Time on Wednesday, December 28. The dates will be:
- December 7
- December 14
- December 21
Angry Dragons – for children in third grade and up –The Angry Dragons Book Club will not meet in December.
Bookies – The Pike Road Bookies will not meet in December.
9585 Vaughn Road, Pike Road, AL 36064 – Phone: 244-8679 facebook.com/pikeroadbranchlibrary