Hampstead Branch Library’s May 2016 Programs
Morning Story Time for ages 1 through 4 – Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m.
May Theme: Summer Time Fun
- 3 – Summer is swiftly approaching and we’re getting ready for some summer time fun. Join us for a fun story time focusing around summer. We’ll be reading Summer Legs by Anita Hakkinen and Summer Fun by Larry Dane Brimmer. A summer themed activity will follow.
- 10 – The weather’s finally warm enough for sweet treats like Ice Cream. This week we’ll be focusing on ice cream and all the trouble that can come from it. Our books for this week will be Should I share my Ice Cream? By Mo Willems and Curious George and the Ice Cream Surprise by Monica Perez. We’ll be making Ice Cream Cone Mosaics.
- 17 – Swimming is a great way to keep cool during the summer. We’ll be splashing into Swimming in the Sand by Marcia Leonard and Splish, Splash, Splat! by Rob Scotton. We’ll have coloring sheets today.
- 24 – The beach is so much fun! Today we’re celebrating the beach and sand and all the fun that comes with it. Our books will be Pete at the Beach by James Dean and Duck & Goose Go to the Beach by Ted Hills. The craft for today is paper plate jelly fish.
- 31 – Memorial Day is May 30th, and we’ll celebrate our Armed Forces with books like Wind Flyers by Angela Johnson and Red, White, and Blue Goodbye by Sarah Wones Tomp. We’ll have a patriotic themed craft today.