Hampstead Branch Library’s April 2016 Programs
National Library Week Events
April plays host to the nation’s National Library Week where we celebrate libraries and everything they do for us! This year’s theme is Transforming Libraries so stop by for some fun-filled events.
- Week Long Program: Fill out a transformer! Patrons can stop by and pick up a ‘transformer’ to answer the question how the library has transformed their lives. All answers will be displayed within the library (with patron permission).
- Story Time: April 12 (10:30 a.m.) – Transformation This week we’ll look at all the different ways things can transformer either physically or just growing in general. Books will include What do you do with an Idea? and The King of Little Things. Our activity will be transformation themed though undetermined yet.
- Lego League: April 14 (3:45-4:45) – Transforming Imaginations Hampstead Library is happy to announce we’re beginning our own Lego League starting up during this week. Our theme this week will be Transforming Imaginations. This event requires signing up and is open to the first eight children who sign up. Please come by the Hampstead Branch Library to sign up for this event!
- Coloring Program: April 15 (3:00-5:45 p.m.) – Transforming Perspectives Adult coloring programs and coloring pages have become quite popular lately. Stop by the library to change your perspective and relieve some stress with a few coloring pages for adults. All ages welcome!
Morning Story Time for ages 1 through 4 – Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m.
April Theme: Misc.
- 5 – April is the time when flowers start to come alive! We’ll be celebrating the joy of gardening this week with the books The Curious Garden and In the Garden. We’ll make some butterflies for window gardens as our activity this week.
- 12 – This week we’ll look at all the different ways things can transformer either physically or just growing in general. Books will include What do you do with an Idea? and The King of Little Things. Our activity will be transformation themed coloring sheets.
- 19 – The Alabama Book Festival is Saturday! Since we’re celebrating libraries and books this month, our books this week will cover the library and all the fun things we can do there. Join us for the reading of Our Library and Library Lion. We’ll be making library lion masks to celebrate.
- 26 – We’d be up a creek without some bugs to help us with our gardening. This week we’ll be reading a couple of very buggy books while trying something new! Weather permitting we will read The Very Ugly Bug and Miss Spider’s Tea Party out by the fountain in Hampstead! Afterwards we’ll do a nature ‘walk’ around the fountain area looking for bugs.*
*Please note if weather proves to be too hot or rainy, we will hold story-time in the library with an alternative craft. Thank you!