Hampstead Branch Library’s March 2016 Programs
Special Spring Break Week Events
Is your family planning a “stay-cation” during Spring Break? If so, you can enjoy some special activities at the library. In addition to our regular Tuesday Morning Story Time at an earlier time, we will offer the following events:
- Afternoon Story Time (Wednesday, March 23, 2016 @ 4 p.m.) – Children ages five to ten are invited to join us for a special afternoon Story Time. We’ll be reading Oh the Places You’ll Go and The Lorax by Doctor Seuss while making themed crafts after the books are done.
Morning Story Time – for ages one through four – Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m.
March Theme: Spring
- 1 – No Storytime! Miss Kathryn will not be here today and apologizes in advance for missing you! We’ll resume on March 8th!
- 8 – Dr. Seuss was born on March 2nd, 1904. We will wish him a belated birthday and celebrate by reading two of his books Happy Birthday! And Cat in the Hat. Afterwards we will be making Doctor Seuss themed Cat in the Hat crafts.
- 15 – Saint Patrick’s Day is Thursday! We’ll be celebrating by reading The Leprechaun who lost his Rainbow and It’s St. Patrick’s Day, Dear Dragon! To finish off, we’ll create our own rainbows with pots of gold at the end of them.
- 22 – Did you know there’s a saying that March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb? Today we’ll be celebrating animals with the story Library Lion and No Sleep for the Sheep. We’ll be making animal masks.
- 29 – With Spring rolling in, the flowers will be blooming outside! Today we’ll read Planting a Rainbow and My Garden before making our own ‘flower pots’.